The Palinuro's Promotory has a particulary shape. It seems to be a star with its 5 extremities. The Capo Palinuro has a high rocky side in which a lot of caves are opened. For this reason Palinuro is also called "thousands caves's Village".
Boat trip to Cape Palinuro with VillamirellaThe boat trip along the Cape Palinuro promontory is for everyone, young and old, and doesn't pose any particular risk. During the boat trip you will be enchanted by the unique panorama of these places and fascinated by the stories of the local guides. On board the so-called "gozzi", expert staff will lead you to discover the sea caves of Palinuro.
You can enjoy this experience every day, except in case of bad weather conditions. For two hours you will admire the beauty of the Palinuro coastline, visit spectacular caves and grottoes and dive into the green waters of the Baia del Buon Dormire. In fact, the boat tour includes a visit to the largest caves in the area and a stop for swimming:
- Grotta delle Ossa (Bone Cave): with its prehistoric attraction, the bones of animals from another era are clearly visible in its walls
- Grotta del Sangue (Blood Cave): its walls are rich in minerals and iron which, in contact with the water, turn red
- Grotta Sulfurea (Sulphur Cave): difficult to visit inside, it is a cave recognisable by its particular sulphur " smell "
- Grotta Azzurra (Blue Cave): one of the most beautiful and famous, with an underwater tunnel from which sunlight penetrates the cave, illuminating its waters, which turn blue
- Swimming stop at the Baia del Buon Dormire: you will relax with a bathing stop of about 20′ at the renowned Spiaggia del Buondormire, second most beautiful beach in Italy in 2014.
During the navigation along the Palinuro Coast you will see the Archetiello, the lighthouse of Palinuro, the Arco Naturale beach and the Marinella beach. Of all the activities to do in Cilento, a boat trip is the most suitable for the whole family.
There are special rates for children up to 10 years of age and children up to 3 years of age can enjoy this spectacle free of charge.You can book your trip by going to the Residence reception where you will find all the information you need.There is so much to do and see in Cilento... but you really have to experience it!